Monday, March 18, 2013

Final... Already?

I'm not really sure what to do for a final since it seems like we just finished midterms and my mind is still in Florida, like Jess's and many other peoples.  But I really liked what, I think it was Jacki, did for her midterm project because it was so personal.  Although my group also interviewed teens for some reason I just feel like I would get a different reaction if say I interviewed someone like, my older brother, Bubba, age 26,


Bubba has recently been transferred from the Air Force in Anchorage Alaska to Louisiana for training because he will be deployed with the army to Afghanistan in May.  He has always had a particular view on teenagers so to get his opinions would be interesting.

Also to get input from actual teenagers that I know like my other brother, Aaron, the 19 year old who is taking a gap year in Costa-Rica at the moment.


He is supposedly "building houses for the homeless" and blah blah blah but I'm seeing a lot of pictures on Facebook of girls and the beach and red solo cups, so I'm weary about this gap year.  But in any case this goes to show that his idea of teens and what they should be doing to "have fun" is completely different from Bubba's.

Another person whom I would love to get in touch would be an old co-worker, Matt, who recently quit T's resteraunt in East Greenwich after only working there for a few months.  He is only 16 years old and a Junior in high school but he and his girlfriend just had a baby girl a in February.  His girlfriend ended up getting kicked out of her house because she was keeping the baby so they were all living at his moms house.  It was a true 16 and Pregnant story.  
                  
 Haileigh






1 comment:

  1. I hope your brother is doing well, and i am sure your project is going to be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete